Thank you for your interest in Neighborhood Charter Schools!
The deadline to be included in the 2022-2023 lottery is April 1, 2022.
691 St. Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10030
411 Wales Avenue, Bronx, NY 10454
Please note the deadline to be included in the 2022-2023 lottery is April 1, 2022. Applications received after the deadline will be added to the waitlist in the order in which they are received. Applicants who apply after the April 1st deadline will automatically be placed on the waitlist. If your child is not accepted through the lottery and is placed on the waitlist, you will be notified via phone and email if a spot becomes available. You will have 48 hours to accept the seat in writing. Many children are accepted from the waitlist each year.
Lottery preferences are provided for:
- Siblings of current NCSH and NCSB students
- Children of current NCSH and NCSB staff
- Community School District (CSD)
NCS: Harlem (K-8): Applicants residing in CSD 6
NCS: Bronx (K-2): Applicants residing in CSD 7
- Scholars applying to the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) program
To verify your CSD, please visit the Department of City Planning website.
ASD Application Process
We have a specialized program for children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). If you are interested in our ASD program and would like more information, please contact our Director of Special Education, Jennifer Manning, at email@example.com. The application process is outlined below.
- Submit an application. Please be sure to check the box that you are applying to the ASD program.
- Submit documentation. After we receive your application, we will ask you to submit the most recent evaluation (psychoeducational or neuropsychological) which includes a cognitive assessment (e.g. WPPSI, WISC, DAS, SB, etc.) and the current Individualized Education Program (IEP). The NCS team will complete an initial review of your scholar’s paperwork- only select families will be invited to tour the school.
- Attend an in-person meeting and school tour. After we receive and process your application, you will attend an in-person meeting and school tour with the NCS Special Education Team. At this meeting, you will learn more about the ASD Program at Neighborhood Charter Schools and take a school tour.
- Complete an evaluation. The final evaluation is completed by an independent organization, YAI. The evaluation may consist of review of the IEP and clinical document review and additional testing, if needed. YAI will notify the school if the child qualifies for the ASD program.