After months of incredible devotion and dedication from our staff members, and especially, after an incredible effort by all of our staff at Central Harlem to complete state testing, we are wrapping up this school year.
After months of incredible devotion and dedication from our staff members, and especially, after an incredible effort by all of our staff at Central Harlem to complete state testing, we are wrapping up this school year. 2017-2018 has been the best year at NCSH yet, and the Network and I cannot wait to welcome our scholars back in August. The Network and the Operations team are undertaking the following projects over the summer to ensure that our scholars and staff have a successful start to the 2018-2019 school year. Some of the projects that the Network and the Operations staff will be undertaking this summer include:
- Leading a technology initiative to put a computer in the hands of every NCSH staff member. The Network is currently fielding proposals from several technology companies in order to equip each NCSH staff member with a full functioning computer at the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
- The buildout of NCSH’s third campus, the Northwest Annex, including furnishing the new site and remodeling the campus to fit NCSH’s vision.
- Creating new data reporting infrastructures for the upcoming school year so that scholar achievement is communicated concisely and clearly to all staff.
- Transitioning TeacherEase to PowerSchool, a more robust and powerful Student Information System. PowerSchool has increased functionality for teachers, operations staff, and our school families.
- Establishing a new procurement and reimbursement system to minimize inefficiencies when staff members purchase supplies.
Next year is an incredibly exciting time to be at NCSH. We will have close to 600 scholars spread across three sites. Preparations from Neighborhood Charter School: Bronx will also be in full swing.
On behalf of the Network team, I hope you all have a restful and safe summer. See you in August.