Immunization forms are due on the first day of school (August 28 for K; August 31 for 1-8).
- Missing the form? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your doctor’s office.
Personal Health During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The CDC’s guidance for personal preventive measures are here.
- The big three:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- Put 6 feet of distance between yourself and people who don’t live in your household.
Coronavirus Pandemic Resources
- CDC’s Website
- NY DOH’s Website
- Resources for parents to talk to kids about the Coronavirus Pandemic:
Community Health During the Coronavirus Pandemic
While NCS is going to be offering remote instruction for the fall, planning is underway for a return to the school building and in-person instruction. This plan, once refined, will adhere to CDC, DOH, and NYSED resources, and include:
- A plan for reviewing health protocols safely and correctly, including but not limited to hand hygiene, proper face-covering wearing, social distancing, and respiratory hygiene; and
- Verbal and written communication (e.g., signage) to adhere to CDC and DOH guidance regarding the use of PPE, specifically acceptable face coverings, when a social distance cannot be maintained.
Additionally, NCS will follow all CDC, DOH, and NYSED guidelines for health and safety and facilities. See assurances here.
Questions about health and safety?
Please reach out to your campus’s Safety Coordinator:
- Harlem: Michelle Santos,
- Bronx: Morgan Jenkins
School Food Distribution During Remote Instruction
NCS is committed to making sure no student that is a part of our community goes without food. We are working with state and local officials to make sure we are able to provide daily grab and go meals for breakfast and lunch that meet our requirements for taste and our students’ allergy and religious needs. Unfortunately, for health and safety reasons, families will not be able to consume meals on-site.
More information will be provided by the school teams closer to the start of school. You can find additional assurances related to school food health and safety here.
Regardless of in-person or remote instruction, NCS receives financial assistance when families complete the school food form. Please find a copy here. Completed copies are due back to email@example.com by September 28.
Menu and School Foods in Person
When in-person instruction is offered, NCS contracts with Revolution Foods to provide a healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack for all students, including those with allergies, in compliance with the Child Nutrition Program.
Busing and Transportation
Because NCS is starting the year with remote learning, transportation will not be offered at this time. However, if and when in-person instruction resumes, NCS partners with the NYC DOE to provide transportation, including bussing and MetroCards, to students. Please find further assurances here.
Afterschool Programming and Payment
NCS will not be offering an after school program for Fall 2020. Check back for more information!
NCS will not be offering a sports program for Fall 2020. Check back for more information!